Interactive Scriptures 1
Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among these there were many of the noble and great ones;
3) And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such.
4) And thus they have been called to this holy calling on account of their faith, while others would reject the Spirit of God on account of the hardness of their hearts and blindness of their minds, while, if it had not been for this they might have had as great privilege as their brethren.
12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: (Roman 8:16 or other)
13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18) And he is the head of the body, the church,: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have preeminence.
19) For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell;
Doctrine and Covenants 29:36-37
36) And it came to pass that Adam, being temped of the devil—for, behold, the devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency.
37) And there were thrust down, and thus came the devil and his angels.
Doctrine and Covenants 93:6-9
6) And John saw and bore record of the fullness of my glory, and the fullness of John’s record is hereafter to be revealed.
7) And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the beginning, before the world was;
8 ) Therefore, in the beginning the Word was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation–
9) The light and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.
1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the father by the prophets,