3) And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good ; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such.
4) And thus they have been called to this holy calling on account of their faith, while others would reject the Spirit of God on account of the hardness of their hearts and blindness of their minds, while, if it had not been for this they might have had as great privilege as their .
12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: (Roman 8:16 or other)
16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18) And he is the head of the body, the church,: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have preeminence.
19) For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell;
Doctrine and Covenants 29:36-37
36) And it came to pass that Adam, being temped of the devil—for, behold, the was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency.
Doctrine and Covenants 93:6-9
6) And John saw and bore record of the fullness of my glory, and the fullness of John’s record is hereafter to be revealed.
7) And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the beginning, before the world was;
8 ) Therefore, in the beginning the Word was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation–
9) The light and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.
Thomas S. Monson
Keith B. McMullin
Sheri L. Dew
Lynn A. Mickelsen
Bruce R. McConkie
Robert D. Hales
2 Nephi 2:27
Jeffrey R. Holland
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Bruce R. McConkie
Greek word often translated as “word.” In the writings of John, Christ is identified as the logos (word) of God.
35:2 I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who was crucified for the sins of the world, even as many as will believe on my name, that they may become the sons of God, even one in me as I am one in the Father, as the Father is one in me, that we may be one.
20:28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.
22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.
Bruce R. McConkie