1 Nephi 11:13, 15, 18, 20-22
13) And it came to pass that I looked and beheld a great city of Jerusalem, and also other cities. And I beheld the city of ; and in the city of Nazareth I beheld a virgin, and she was exceedingly fair and white.
Luke 2:25, 34, 36-37
34) And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
36) And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her viriginity.
19) Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not will to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
20) But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a , saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the .
Matthew 2:13-14, 16
13) And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into , and be there thou until I bring thee work: for will seek the young child to destroy him.
14) When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
16) Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, he was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time
20) Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child’s life.
21) And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and come into the land of Israel
22) But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned asided into the parts of :
23) And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
8 And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.
Kim B. Clark
And it came to pass after I had seen the tree, I said unto the Spirit: I behold thou hast shown unto me the tree which is precious above all.
David A. Bednar
14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
40 And he shall come into the world to redeem his people; and he shall take upon him the transgressions of those who believe on his name; and these are they that shall have eternal life, and salvation cometh to none else.
Joseph B. Wirthlin
34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.
Russell M. Nelson
21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
Russell M. Nelson
Gordon B. Hinckley
Also known as Herod I. The king of the Jews at the time that Jesus Christ was born, he ordered the killing of all infants two years of age and under in Bethlehem (Matthew 2:16).